Plant medicine is as ancient as Homo sapiens. Many cultures around the world have worked with these plants as healing modalities and as a form of healing different ailments- physical, spiritual, emotional and mental.
Literally what is comprised of prescription medication is plant medicine. Plants are in all medicines and contain high medicinal properties. Right now, there is a huge buzz around partaking in these sacred plant medicine journeys, specifically with entheogens .
Here is the thing, now that this is kind of the “cool”
thing to do because so many people are speaking about their positive experiences with these beings, I’m leaving a few tips before embarking on your sacred plane medicine journey.
- Regard these plants as living beings. Begin to cultivate a relationship with the plant far before you actually participate in a plant ceremony.
- Sit with the right people when choosing to embark on something this sacred and spiritual. Put the intention out into the Universe if you have to. Make sure the people you are sitting with feels right to your soul. You are literally putting your life in the hands of someone else.
- Set an intention for your experience. Really take the time to see what it is that you are needing help with on your journey. Then even consider writing a letter of intent to the spirit of the particular plant you will be in ceremony with. You will be surprised at how much of your intention comes to fruition.
- Understand that it is not a “fix it,” pill. Undergoing something like this will reveal a lot to you but it is not going to fix you for you. It will help you, but then you have to do your part and do the work to change for the better. You will need to make the changes necessary that the plant medicine is suggesting you to make as it will all be for the better and for your personal healing.
- When you are in the ceremony, surrender to the spirit of the medicine. Don’t try to fight it and don’t think too hard. Just go with what is coming up for you. Understand that in a few hours, you will go back to being normal. There is no need to fear what is here to help you on your journey.
Thank you for listening to these tips. For more information and resources of where to go for a traditional dieta in Peru, download my eBook on Ayahuasca that you can easily find right here: https://soulxo.samcart.com/products/ayahuascaebook
Happy sacred plant medicine journey 🙂